Tuesday, January 27, 2015

January 27, 2015



Hello family, How are you? I hope everything went well this week! This week was a little bit crazy, we had to travel to Posadas on Monday and our area is the farthest from the office so it takes a long while to get there, on the way there we had something crazy happen. We took a nap on the bus and when we woke after about 2 hours we look outside and there's a big line of cars in  front of us and we see a big group of people, a huge number of people about the size of a football  and we ask people what's going on and they said there is a protest because the people want more money so we're sitting there on the highway and I guess there was miles and miles of cars just waiting for this protest to stop so we were stuck there for 4 hours! The people were acting crazy screaming stuff and then finally the police came in and then they start breaking everything up and then finally after 4 hours we started going again and then when I got there I learned I didn't have to be there until the next day!!  So we did divisions with elders Duke and Munoz in their area and the next day I went to the office and did some paperwork stuff to keep me legal and that was really quick, didn’t take long at all, then we went to a nice buffet on the way back, it was like the same thing as Tacanos the Brazilian place in Utah where the waiters come around with meat and ask if you’d like MORE!. It was the best food that I have ever had on the mission so far, felt like I was in the United States again!! Then Thursday after a long drive, back to our area.  It was a long trip!! When we got home Thursday we met with a few people. Friday we met with some investigators and Saturday we are just inviting a lot of people to church trying to get everyone ready. Yesterday we met again with one of our investigators to be baptized not this coming Saturday but the next, her name is Neilda she is 15 years old and she lives with members in the ward, something happened with her family and so she lives with a member family and she's really awesome she understands everything that we teach she was is so excited to be baptized she also wants to serve a mission! We also have been teaching Roberto he should be getting baptized in about two weeks but he needs to come to church two more times and he didn't come yesterday so we have to move the date. Church was great and I give a talk on how we can have the spirit more abundantly in our lives, little things that we can do every day to help, serve and bring people to Christ. We had another investigator come to church I don't really know her very well yet, I've taught her once, I think she liked it too. I hope you guys are safe and I hope work went well! I love hearing from everyone! I love you guys! Another thing this week, I had my 9 month mark! Over 9 months now in the mission which is kind of crazy! Time is flying by I am considered old now! Not a baby anymore! My companion is really good, I love the guy and we  have a lot of fun together.  I am really skinny still! Skinnier and skinnier, I am gonna try to gain back some weight! We eat well in this area! I hope you guys have a wonderful week and I love you guys so much please be safe this week! I love you!









No comments:

Post a Comment