Monday, July 14, 2014

Argentina (week 4) July 14, 2014



Hola!! This week was good!! We have some good investigators and are
trying our best to keep them moving forward!! they are having some setbacks, but this week hopefully we can help them overcome their
challenges! We have one named Ybonna who hopefully will get baptized
at the end of this month, if not early August! Actually we have a few
who could potentially be baptized then! It is pretty difficult! We have one family who are
the most active but they don’t really know of a lot of people so we do not get referrals. We have
a lot of investigators but none who really want to commit.
We have been trying to find hombres and families and hopefully we will be more successful
this week! Normally we go door to door but it is weird cause you need to clap for
people to come outside and they usually are busy doing something or
are just too lazy haha.  Argentina is crazy when it comes to soccer games, I mean
the whole city goes into the middle of the street and blasts music!  It
was crazy these past few days! It is super crazy when Argentina wins! The people go absolutely berserk!! I can pretty much understand everything, only some things that are new
like appliances and words used on the street but I am getting better! My companion actually loves basketball!!! We don’t think it costs
anything to get into this nice indoor court but we will see another day when
it is open! I would do anything to play with a new rim!
haha!  I have been trying to teach my companion more English! He is
learning pretty well!!Most of his music (hymns) are in Spanish but he loves English, so he knows
songs in English but has no idea what any of the words mean. P-day we shop for food, mostly milk, cereal, rice, and bread and we have been eating at this one place and having empanadas a lot!I usually have cereal for breakfast, and then lunch empanadas usually or bread, and dinner
we either make something or try to go to a members house!  We are
starting to pay one of the members to make us meals everyday so I am
excited for that! My favorite food here (pic)! its called revido!
I have met 2 people who can speak English and one of them comes to church
every once in a while! We ate lunch at his house once and he is cool!
He is not very religious and needs some time but he is a cool person. I need to go soon, I LOVE YOU!!







No comments:

Post a Comment